I absolutely LOVE what I do…I can’t believe I’ve been in the business of working with PAPER and PAINT for over 10 years now! It’s so amazing to be able to do something creative and unique each day…and to earn a living doing it! I’m probably not going to become a millionaire doing this and I’m certainly not changing the world (I mean, it’s just paper and paint), but the work that I do is so rewarding…it feeds my soul to know that in some small way the things I’m able to do are enjoyed by others.
My heart just melts when a client tells me that their baby can’t stop staring and smiling at the animals I painted in the nursery…and then later they call to tell me that the now toddler points and names the animals and says “goodnight” to each one at bedtime. How cute is that?!! Or when a newlywed couple thanks me by telling me that my designs “made” their whole wedding and that their guests really noticed all the details. I get so giddy when brides tell me that their guests called and emailed to tell them that their invitations were the most amazing ones they’ve ever received…and that they can’t wait to attend the wedding. And when they say “We hope the party can live up to the invitations,” that’s when I know I’ve done good.
My business is 100% referral driven and I’ve been very fortunate that clients recognize my commitment, passion and professionalism by telling their friends about me. Most of my clients are repeat clients and have also become my good friends. Even though I don’t advertise, I’m still insanely busy and I know that’s because I have such a great network of family, friends, clients and industry professionals who like my work and tell everyone about me.
As a small way of giving back or saying “thanks,” I donate my design/painting services to local charities and fundraisers every year; I offer free advice, design ideas, paint tips/techniques all the time to my friends and neighbors; and I’m always mindful of finding the best ways to be cost-efficient/budget-conscious while still delivering an amazing product for my clients.
BUT I’ve never had a CONTEST. I thought it’s about time to say “thank you” for just loving EITAK! Who doesn’t like to get compliments and positive feedback on the work they do? Who doesn’t like to feel loved and admired…and dare I say, popular? 🙂 And if you love paper and paint as much as I do, then give me a “shout out.”
I just got back into blogging…and just to see if anyone’s actually reading my ramblings (haha, if you’ve made it this far you’re almost there…keep going), I thought I’d run the contest through my blog.
So here’s how the contest works:
So here’s how the contest works:
1) Make a (nice) comment on this blog post (better yet, subscribe to my blog feed too). Don’t worry if your comment doesn’t post right away, I have it set to “moderate comments” so I don’t get a bunch of spam.
2) Become a fan on facebook. If you’re already a fan, then suggest me to all your friends on facebook if you think they’d be interested in winning….and if they love paper, paint and being creative!
3) DO BOTH: comment/subscribe to this blog AND become a fan! This doubles your chance of winning. One winner (chosen at random) will be picked from the blog comments and one from the fan page. Pretty cool, huh? So get busy!!!
What do you WIN? This is the cool part. The prize is pretty awesome. If you win, you get to choose from one of three fabulous prize packages, each valued at $300 (NOT redeemable for cash).
1) Art on canvas. I have a few available canvas sizes, choose one and tell me what you want painted on it. This is custom artwork painted just for you! You can do a pet portrait, or cute wall decor/signage for your kid’s room, even a simple landscape from your favorite vacation spot. I have lots of cool ideas! This is completely custom, so we can discuss in further detail.
2) Not one, but TWO custom stepstools painted for your kids or as a gift to some kiddos you know. These are totally customized with their names and a theme to match their personalities or room/bathroom decor. Actual stepstool style subject to availability.
3) 60 – custom designed, printed, assembled invitations. That’s SIXTY completely custom invitations valued at $5 each. Or if you choose something simpler, with less costly materials, the quantity of invitations could go up. These could be birthday party invites, birth announcements, even wedding invites! And if you need more invitations than the prize package allotment, just deduct it from the cost of your custom EITAK Design invitation order…it’s like getting $300 off!
If you win, we’ll need to discuss timing and a completion schedule, of course…but this is something anyone can win….even if you live in a different state! Canvas, stepstools and invitations can all be shipped….and the shipping costs are included in the prize package. So enter now and tell all your friends! And if you can’t decide on something for yourself, you can get an EITAK Design gift certificate to give to someone you love. Don’t forget, Mother’s Day and Father’s Day are right around the corner!
The contest ends on May 1st, 2010 and will be announced via blog post soon after the entry deadline.
Show EITAK some LOVE, and you might get something LOVELY in return!
Good Luck, Thank You…and yes, EITAK loves you back!